More of Him – Less of Me | Philippians 3:1-11 (October 2, 2022)
1. What does it mean to rejoice in the Lord? Why is it so important to take moments to rejoice?
2. How are we tempted to add to/take away from the Gospel? What are some things our culture tries to add to/take away from the Gospel? Why is this dangerous?
3. What does Paul mean by “put no confidence in the flesh?” Is he saying our good works do not matter?
4. Read James 2: 14-17. How do faith and works work together? Does this contradict what Paul says in Philippians 3?
5. At the end of verse 8 Paul tells us his goal is – what is it? What does it mean to “know Christ Jesus?” Why would Paul say this is the goal he strives for?
6. Paul says his righteousness from God depends on faith. What does that mean? How does our faith produce righteousness in us? Why is it dependent upon God and not ourselves?
7. What does it mean to attain the resurrection from the dead? How can/do we strive for this?