Only Jesus | Hebrews 4:14-16
1. What does this statement mean to you: Jesus is human enough to feel what
we feel, but God enough to fix it?
2. It is only the One who fully resists temptation that can know the extent of its
force. What does this statement tell us about Jesus? Do you think Jesus’
perfection gives Him a greater capacity for compassion towards us in our sin?
3. How does Jesus empathizing/sympathizing with your weaknesses give you
encouragement (verse 15)?
4. How does Jesus act as a high priest on our behalf? (verse 14) What makes
Him a ‘great’ high priest compared to the others who came before His ministry?
5. Read Colossians 1: 21. How do we go from “hostile in your minds towards
God” to “boldly approaching His throne with confidence” (Hebrews 4: 16)?
6. Is it difficult for you to feel like you belong in the Christian faith? How can
verse 16 be an encouragement to us during our times of doubt/struggles?
7. What is the reward we receive at the throne of God’s grace in verse 16?