The Example of Love | Philippians 2:1-11 (September 11, 2022)
1. Why is unity within the church so important? What message does it send to those outside of the church? Read Ephesians 4: 1-3.
2. This morning we said that Christ-centered love is humble and selfless. How would you describe selfless love (verse 3)? Why would selfless love be so important for a follower of Christ?
3. What did humble love look like for Jesus in verses 6-7? How did the world misinterpret what Jesus was doing?
4. What was the result of Jesus’ humble love? (verse 8) Do you struggle when you do things right but don’t get the results you hoped for?
5. In Philippians 2 we find Jesus being exalted through His death. How is the same true of us today? Read Galatians 2: 19-20. Why does Paul call us to “die to self”?
6. Is part of our issue with sin we’ve never truly died to sin in our lives? What’s the issue with living with “one foot in, and one foot out” when it comes to following Jesus?
7. In verse 5 Paul says,”which is yours in Christ Jesus.” What is Paul communicating? Is any of this – love, humility, life – possible apart of Christ? Why is this so difficult for us to accept?